Monday 22 August 2011

Vence 2011 Day 3 - A day to enjoy the house

Today begins with a dogwalk up the hill behind the house. It's a bit steep, but thankfully, as it's pretty early, the full heat of the day is yet to come. There are lots of fabulous properties on the hill, but I think ours has the nicest pool.

After the walk, it's back to the house and without thinking, I set off the burglar alarm. It's a very weird one, as the security service comes on the entryphone and asks for a password (which thankfully we have!). I've never come across one like that before and having a strange man talking to you in your kitchen is both disconcerting and reassuring at the same time.

Today's the day that Peggy arrives. I meet her in town in the Alvis and she follows me home in her rented Twingo. It's so nice to have her here. I've missed her whilst she's been in Dubai. Peggy was staying in our house before she came out, so thankfully she has been able to bring out all sorts of stuff that we had forgotten. My camera amongst them, so I can now take pictures not on the website! We are useless at remembering things to bring on holiday. I think the truth is that I used to be really anal, and plan meticulously with lists for holidays of all colours and sizes. Now I don't really care, so long as I have my computer and appropriate leads...

Anyway,it's a quiet afternoon - everything is shut Mondays, so we're out to a nearby village for supper today. The weather is still holding, and if anything it's even clearer today.

No comments: