Wednesday 1 December 2010

Soneva Fushi - Day 2

We had booked a refresher dive at 10:30 as the dive masters insisted that we do one before being taken out on dives despite having dived in Anguilla only 18 months ago. I guess it makes them more confident that we won't do anything silly. Anyway, we woke up at 11:00 when the phone went and our Mr Friday reminded Daryl that she had missed her pedicure – so we were not only missing our dive but had also double booked – and missed breakfast!

Not to worry though. The dive was refixed for Monday and the pedicure postponed by 45 minutes. It poured with rain so we took a buggy to the spa and left Daryl there while our Mr Friday conducted me on a brief tour of the island.

After that I waited for Daryl until lunch, then off to another fabulous buffet. The weather turned and we spent most of the afternoon in the villa – not a tremendous hardship as it's so lovely... But having booked a table at the superb 'Fresh In The Garden' restaurant which shines when the night is clear, we changed our booking to the main restaurant and postponed the posh dinner for another day.

At 5-o-clock, we were booked in for a Fusion Massage – they have twin massage therapy suites and we were laying side by side for our treatment. I've never had a massage with another person in the room, and even thought it was someone I know as well as I know myself, it was still a little strange and we both felt rather self-conscious. I was grunting as I was being vigorously rubbed and Daryl found this a bit off-putting. Not as off-putting as when I exclaimed 'Oh, that's lovely!' when she was up in a nanosecond and looking at what was going on like a meercat! We decided not to have the rest of our treatments at the same time...

No comments: