Saturday 4 December 2010

Soneva Fushi - Day 7

It's our last day today, and the weather has turned a bit. In fact at lunchtime we had possibly the heaviest rainfall I have been outside in. Luckily we were under shelter (in the bar actually, so not really a hardship) and were able to witness the tropical storm from inches away. I have to say that the rest the day was just spent reading until it was once again time for our massage treatments.

After the Watsu treatment, I had booked something even more unusual, and this was going to be special. They call it the Soneva massage and it is basically the best massage I have ever had. It involves two therapists working as a team and massaging you at the same time, sometimes the feet at the same time as the head, sometimes they each took a side, or one took an arm and one took a leg... it left me feeling absolutely zonked and loose and refreshed and languid all at the same time. I can never have another massage as this one was just so damned good!

Then it was back to the villa and a short rest before the barbeque dinner which once again was absolutely fabulous.

I am just about ready to go home now but this has been if not the best, certainly one of the best holidays I have ever had. If you ever need to chill and don't mind the fact that the hotel doesn't have lots of things that you don't need, and you want to go shoeless for a week for the first time since you were a baby, then this is the place for you. I can't recommend it highly enough.

Tomorrow we go home, so I'll end the journal here - unless our flights back to snowy London are in any way unusual... (they weren't)

No comments: